- Leading Effective Coaching Groups, Academy for Coaching Excellence, CA 2007
- Coaching Certification program: Academy for Coaching Excellence, CA graduate April 2005.
- Academy for Coaching Excellence, CA: completion of Coaching core competency programs: Being Coach, Mastering Life’s Energies and Advanced Coaching – 2004/2005.
- Coaching in Therapy, Psychologist seminar ACE 2006
- Managing Organizational Change ACE 2011
- Working with Difficult Client Situations 2013
- Coaching and Ethics ACE 2017
- University of San Diego, Los Angeles County Office of Education, Teaching Credential Services. Career & Technical Teacher Education – Education l2004/2005.
- Journey of the Soul: Rohr Life Learning Institute Six weeks course
- How Happiness Thinks: Rohr Life Learning Institute Six weeks course
- Microsoft/Great Plains Software vendor certification and training programs 1989-1991
Teaching & Coaching Credentials/Awards
- International Coach Federation PCC Credential 2011 & ACC Credential 2006.
- Currently eligible/pending application -MCC credential
- UC San Diego, Teaching Credential, California Designated Subjects, Business Management: Accounting and Finance. Los Angeles County Office of Education 2005.
- Eisenhower Medical Center, Rancho Mirage, CA Certificate of Award 11/3/2010, Staff Coach – Excellence in Pastoral Services – Commitment to Staff
Teaching and Classroom
- Mentor: for student & credentialed Coaches
- Instructor, Accountable Business Services, Inc.Framingham, MA. Head Trainer: client employee usage of multiple financial & managerial accounting & sales systems. Eleven years.
- Head trainer: Massachusetts Neuro-lab Inc Framingham, MA -office support staff
- Twelve years
- Volunteer, Reading Assistant: Van Buren Grammar School, Indio, CA
- Volunteer Assistant Teacher: Reading & Math Program – Framingham, MA Public Schools, Five years
Accountable Coaching January 2006 to present
Subsequent to retirement from my financial consulting business, I spent three years of various types of volunteering in the Coachella Valley, CA. This led me to the decision to completely change my profession and become an ICF Certified Life Coach. Coaching allowed me to put my energy into something which had the most meaning and relevance to my life experience as well as be a contribution to others.
Honored to provide personal and professional development Life Coaching services around the Globe:
- Individuals & groups
- Corporate/public sector clients
- Various organizations & professional groups
- Spiritual centers and retreats
- Small coaching groups.
- In person and/or by telephone or video conference.
- Leading seminars & book studies.
Coaching Positions Held Simultaneously
- City of Placentia, CA: Staff Coach to City Management, Police Department and General Staff :
- City of Azusa, CA: Staff Coach to City Management and General Staff.
- Eisenhower Medical Center, Rancho Mirage, CA: Staff Coach to Medical and Volunteer staff: Eight years
- Assistant Volunteer Coach trainer – Academy for Coaching Excellence
- Coach the Coach (mentor) – supporting Coach students and credentialed ICF Coaches
- The Desert Sun newspaper, Palm Desert, CA Writer, quarterly Coaching articles: Eight years
Accountable Business Services, Inc. Framingham, MA/ Palm Desert, CA – Owner/Gen Mgr/CEO 1986 – 2007
Twelve years: Accounting & financial management consulting firm. financial/managerial accounting consulting, custom financial/managerial accounting and sales system design and training. Staff of programmers, trainers, salespeople & bookkeepers. Serviced small to mid-range & large businesses in New England.
Dynamics – ASAP Utility Software 1994 – 2007
Created accounting utility software, including online help/training system linking to Microsoft/Great Plains Dynamics Accounting Software. Internationally marketed/supported via the Internet through Dynamics resellers and clients..
Accounting Consulting Services, MA/CA – Owner/Gen Mgr/CFO
Eight years: Consulting firm providing accounting and income tax services to small businesses, multiple industries, in MA & S.CA. Within two years, used my accounting skills to design for in-house use, an accounting system to run on the first IBM personal computer that I had purchased. Having very limited programming skills, I engaged the services of a programmer (used Ashton-Tate’s dBASE software), wrote out specifications to communicate necessary architecture which would capture an entire manual accounting system. System contained full data input, fundamental accounting controls, and reporting capabilities. Successfully used this system for several years, supplying our client companies with sophisticated monthly/qtr/yearly reporting. Trained our employee staff on the use of this system.
Massachusetts Neuro-Lab, Inc.: Framingham, MA –Gen Mgr/CF0
Eleven years: Owned/ managed a neurological testing laboratory providing portable EEG [Electroencephalograph]/ ECHO [Echoencephalograph] testing to New England hospitals, British government contract to provide similar services in London, England. Begun as two-person proprietorship, expanded corporation with design of tracking, medical reporting, office, and accounting systems, and employee training. Managed staff of seventeen. Sold 1978.
Activities, Awards, Achievements
- Writing: Quarterly articles for The Desert Sun newspaper, Palm Desert, CA – Life Coaching from a spiritual perspective for the past six years. Currently involved in several essay projects and a book. Writers workshops/retreats
- Public Speaking: Life Coaching – VJ’s Corner Interview, KWXY Radio 98.5 FM – What is a Coach? 9/18/06 on “VJ’s CORNER”. VJ’s Corner Aired 1988- 2006. Interviewing guests from all walks of life, including movie stars, authors, singers, dancers, charities, conservationists, impressionists, cartoonists, military strategists, astronauts, architects, fashion designers, theatre directors, journalists, film producers, inventors, poets, TV personalities, doctors, and actors. With over 4,600 interviews to her credit, VJ talked with many of the world’s most famous people visiting & performing in the Palm Springs, CA area.
- Coaching Presentations/ Workshops & Education: Various Professional Associations including The Desert Bar Association, CA.; Multidenominational spiritual groups, Other Associations & Organizations throughout Coachella Valley, CA.
- Leader/Coaching book study groups:: The Energy of Money, by Dr. Maria Nemeth.
- Memberships: International Coaching Federation, ICF Raleigh Coaching Chapter, Raleigh, NC., American Counseling Association, Epsilon PI TAU Honorary society, Career & Technical Education (CACTE), Association for Career & Technical Education (ACTE), Coachella Valley Interfaith Council, CA.. Triangle Interfaith Alliance, Raleigh, NC, Triangle Womens Interfaith Group, Raleigh, NC., Hadassah Life Member & volunteer raising funds for medical research, services and education.
- Eisenhower Medical Center, Rancho Mirage, CA: Certificate of Award 11/3/2010 Coach to Medical & Volunteer Staff : Excellence in Pastoral Services – Commitment to Staff Desert Community Group, Board of Directors: Secretary (2 yrs) and Treasurer (2 yrs), 4 yrs: Manager, Outreach Committee. 2001-2005
- Academy for Career Training, Inc: Member, Board of Directors, Director of Community Affairs – start-up, non-profit adult career training school, Palm Desert. 2004-2006
- Pathfinder Retreat: team Leader – personal renewal weekend retreats, CA.Three times per year & Manager- weekly newsletter.
- Meditation Practice: Tibetan Buddhist, Zen Buddhist, TM, Centerpointe Holosync, i-Awake methodologies daily since 1980.
- Volunteer various groups including Hospitals, Emotional Intelligence & Wellness Centers, Food Banks in CA/NC, Coaching, and Social Services volunteer -State of Massachusetts
- Triangle Women Interfaith Group & Triangle Interfaith Alliance Raleigh, NC
- Founding member and fundraiser: The Raynace Society benefitting American Kidney Foundation
- Reading/Video/Music/Art: Avid reader of the classics, current fiction, biography, self-improvement, the arts, psychology, philosophy, spirituality. Movies, Documentaries, TV series (thru Apps); Music – eclectic tastes but not much of a jazz fan. Classical piano dabbler. Many years popular & classical dancer. Art appreciation -multiple formats, including architecture.
- Travel: Extensively throughout the United States (flying Coast to Coast for several years, and Automobile five times. The last time in 2016, a solo road trip moving from S. CA to Raleigh, NC. International: Canada, Mexico, all parts of Europe, and Japan – four main areas via train.
- Energy/Health/Endurance maintenance: Gym workouts- aerobics & weight bearing equipment, every other day. Daily yoga stretching. Speed walker.
- Widow, Mother, two adult married sons with children, Nana of four young men & Great-Nana of two precious tiny beings -a sweet baby girl and darling baby boy.